Already existing in the 13th century, the Tour d’Anniviers is situated in the village of Vissoie in the Val d’Anniviers. In the old days it was surrounded by the houses of the village which served as protection. On its first three floors, it houses exhibition rooms and, underneath the beams, an auditorium with a capacity of 70 people. Unfortunately, it cannot be visited.
The village of Vissoie is part, since 2008, of a group of municipalities called Anniviers.
Parking next to the castle.
History of the tower
The tower originally belonged to the Bishop of Sion until 1798 when Napoleon took over the Valais. At the end of the 19th century, the roof was destroyed by a fire and it was rebuilt at the beginning of the 20th century.
A video on the village of Vissoie in one minute.