Forêt Aventures is a park offering tree climbing and scooter rides. It is located in Sigeroulaz above Vercorin, at an altitude of 1860 metres. It is mainly open during the summer period.
There are three ways listed below to access the accrobranche. The prices refer to the accrobranche with the lifts. (adult/17-25 years old/6-16 years old)
- From Chalais (cable car + telecabin): 53/48/31
- From Vercorin (telecabin): 46/39/27
- From Vercorin by foot, only tree climbing: 38/34/23
The Torpille team made the course from Chalais.
Chalais-Briey-Vercorin cable car
The Chalais-Briey-Vercorin cable car connects Chalais at an altitude of 520 metres in the Rhône Valley to Vercorin at 1320 metres in 7 minutes. Parking in Chalais is free and tickets can be purchased at the upper station of Vercorin. Be careful not to forget to ask for the combined ticket with the tree climbing if you want to do this activity.
From the cable car you can enjoy a magnificent view of the Rhone Valley.
Village of Vercorin
Vercorin is a village in the commune of Chalais known for its ski resort in winter. It has kept its old appearance with granaries called raccards.
Vercorin-Sigeroulaz-Crêt du Midi telecabin
To access the departure of the Crêt du Midi telecabin, you can use the adjoining car park if you come directly to Vercorin by car or walk from the Chalais cable car in about 15 minutes. The combined ticket for the cable car and the accrobranche can be purchased in Vercorin before going up.
To get to the Forêt Aventures site, you must get off at the telecabin intermediate stop of Sigeroulaz at an altitude of 1680 metres after 10 minutes of travel. The climb to the summit of Crêt du Midi, at 2330 metres, takes 15 minutes.
The combined ticket also gives the right to go up to the telecabin top station, a place that offers a restaurant.
After leaving the telecabin in Sigeroulaz, the direction to follow is not particularly well indicated to reach the Forêt Aventures climbing area! To start in a good mood, you must perform the following two tasks in order:
- The first thing to do is to reach the bar in the stable on the left and down the road. A small shed at the end of the stable allows you, with the help of a person from the team, to equip yourself with a harness, a helmet and a pulley for zip lines.
The Sigeroulaz stable and the white shed for equipment.
- The second mission is to reach the reception of the accrobranche located in the larch forest directly above the stable by following an unpaved road along a park with donkeys and then a steeply sloping path.
The wooden shed and the larch forest where the accrobranche is located.
Arrived at the wooden shed of the tree branch, we are taken care of by an instructor for some safety instructions. This one remains available in case of problems. We are then ready to glide over the larch trees.
The activities available are as follows:
- 6 courses. The first 4 next to the reception and the other two below.
- 7 zip lines, the longest of which, at the end of course 6, is nearly 200 metres long.
- A climbing wall and the possibility of descending with the Quick Jump, which simulates a 13-metre freefall or gently with the reel that has ensured its safety while climbing.
The accrobranche is not easy to access because it is necessary to take a telecabin and a steep path but it benefits from very narrow paths in a magnificent larch forest as well as a magnificent view over the Val d’Anniviers and the mountains on the northern side of the Rhône valley.
Finally, it can still be pointed out that the duration on the installations is limited to three hours, which is more than enough and the minimum size is 110 centimetres.
Picnic tables are available either next to the tree house or at the bar in the stable. The latter also offers a small playground for children up to 4 years old.
Forêt Aventures also proposes a scooter ride from Le Crêt du Midi (12 francs for adults and children from 10 years old) or Sigeroulaz (10 francs) to the departure of the cable car in Vercorin. The route follows unpaved roads and is easy to use. Tickets can be purchased from the telecabin station.
A video on the Vercorin accrobranche.
Webcam at the summit of the telecabin