Historic Museum and Porcelain Exhibition
The Historical and Porcelain Museum was created in 1860 and has been housed in the castle of Nyon since 1888. It contains a variety of objects related to the region as well as historical objects and documents. Porcelains joined the museum in 1947. The museum occupies the entire castle and its entrance is through the basement where the crate is located.
Paid parking 200 meters away.
Floors of the museum
The museum contains the following levels of the castle of Nyon:
- 1st floor
- 2nd floor
- 3rd floor
The entrance to the Historical and Porcelain Museum is in the basement of the castle.
The ground floor is occupied by a temporary exhibition sponsored by a private company and presenting artistic objects unrelated to the rest of the museum or the Nyon region.
The first floor is dedicated to porcelain in memory of the Nyon porcelain factory which operated from 1781 to 1813.
The second floor offers rooms for weddings and receptions as well as some porcelain.
The third floor is an old prison as the doors on this floor show. It displays a variety of historical objects from the Nyon region.
The attic under the roof structure presents old tiles and weathervanes.
Passage over the castle courtyard between the first and second floors of the castle.
Passage over the courtyard of the castle between the second and third floor of the castle.
Une vidéo sur l’intérieur du château de Nyon.
Webcam dans la ville de Nyon.