Built in 1880, the Jürgensen Tower (Tour Jürgensen in french) is located on the heights of Les Brenets in the middle of the forest on the “Caroline” hill.
Access to the tower
Access to the tower takes 10 minutes from the car park on the road Les Brenets – Col-des-Roches just after the tunnel or 20 minutes from the village of Les Brenets. After the difficult opening of the door with the key attached to the wall, a spiral staircase leads to the top of the tower.
The Jürgensen tower offers a beautiful view of the Lac des Brenets which leads to Doubs Fall as well as the village of Les Brenets and, on the other side, on the Col des Roches where the underground mills are located.
Jules Frederik Jürgensen
The tower is named in honour of the Danish Jules Frederik Jürgensen (1808-1877), a watchmaker who lived in the region in the 19th century. After opening a watchmaking factory in Le Locle, he made his fortune in the manufacture of pocket watches and chronometers.
A drone video on the Jurgensen tower.
Webcam at the harbour of Les Brenets a few hundred meters below the tower.