Les Clées castle
Les Clées castle, first in the hands of the Counts of Geneva, passed to Savoy around 1250. It was an important transit point between the Pays de Vaud and France with its bridge over the Orbe where taxes were charged on goods.
Parking is available below the castle in the village of les Clées.
Even though the castle is private, it is allowed to go up and walk around in the bucolic park of les Clées castle.
The castle was attacked and heavily damaged during the Burgundian Wars and then gradually deteriorated. Only the keep and an outbuilding as well as the ruins of the walls remain today. The village of the same name is located just below the castle.