Swiss Vapeur Parc
Swiss Vapeur Parc is a park of model trains on which the visitor takes a seat. Located in Le Bouveret near Villeneuve, it covers 19’000 m² with tracks totalling 1’500 m in length, 2x longer than in 1989 when the park was created. The park is ideally suited to children under 10 years old as well as enthusiasts.
The park consists of the following elements:
- A network of railway tracks with trains
- Several stations where visitors can board
- Regional monuments in miniature
- Several catering places
- Picnic areas
- More than 100 plant species
- 📐 Track length: 1’500 m (total)
- 🔁 Loop: Yes
- 💲 Price: Adult: 17 / Child: 14 francs
- 👁️ View: Marina of Le Bouveret.
- 🌍 Location: Le Bouveret VS
Numerous trains in colours of some private Swiss companies such as the MOB or the Rhaetian Railway run through the park.
Two types of locomotives pull the trains:
- Electric locomotives that run with a petrol generator
- Steam locomotives that run with coal
The park has 4 train stations, one of which has a rack train, and 6 warehouses for trains, the main one being located next to the turntable.
5 tunnels and 10 bridges including a 50-metre viaduct decorate the route.
Swiss Vapeur Park is very nicely decorated with:
- Miniature constructions of monuments of the region
- Two large lakes
- More than 120 plant species.
Among the monuments built in miniature, we can mention:
- Aigle castle
- Saanen church
- Plein Roc (Rochers de Naye)
- Riddes-Isérable cable car
- Rotating restaurant le Kuklos in Leysin
- Tine old milles
The expansion project
On busy days, the park is clearly a victim of its own success. For this reason, a 4000 m² expansion project began in 2016 and will last around ten years at a cost of several million francs. Visitor numbers, currently at 100,000 visitors per year, are set to increase.
In addition to the food and drink selling points, nice picnic places are available such as those along the small lake. The Swiss Vapeur Parc is closed in winter.
Paid parking next to the park. In case of heavy affluence the car park is moved further away and a bus service brings the visitor to the park.
The Swiss Vapeur parc is open from March to November, all-day tickets cost the following amount:
- Adult: 17 francs
- Child (3 à 16 years old): 14 francs
A video on Swiss Vapeur Park.