Totem Cimbing Vevey
Totem escalade Vevey is a two-level room created in 2018 in the heart of Vevey, a few steps from Nestlé’s headquarters. It is part of a climbing wall chain including the rooms of Versoix, Gland and Ecublens and is only dedicated to bouldering, i. e. climbing without belaying to a maximum height of 4.5 metres with thick and flexible mattresses to cushion a possible fall.
Paid parking in Vevey city.
Totem Climbing Vevey has two levels:
- A bar with a small restaurant at the entrance.
- Shoe rental.
- A bouldering area for teenagers and adults.
- A small dedicated bouldering area for children up to 6 years old.
- A training area and a yoga room.
- A moonboard
- An area dedicated to weight training.
- Changing rooms and some tables and chairs.
There is a total of 400 m2 of climbing surface for 120 regularly renewed routes with a floor area of about 700m2. Each track has sockets of the same color and the level of difficulty is indicated by a small color label on a socket at the bottom of each track. The room has the advantage of being located in the city of Vevey but access by car is more complicated and not free of charge.
The prices without discount for the Vevey room are as follows:
- Adult: 16 francs, Shoes: 5 francs
- Students: 14 francs,, Shoes: 4 francs
- Children 12 to 17 years old: 12 francs, Shoes: 3 francs
- Children: 9 to 11 years old: 8 francs, Shoes: 3 francs
- Children: 6 to 8 years old: 6 francs, Shoes: 3 francs
- Children under 5 years old: Free with an adult
There are subscriptions or ticket books available to reduce the price of the single ticket as indicated above.
The new fashion
The first climbing room in French-speaking Switzerland opened in 2005 with Laniac in Bulle and then the number of new indoor climbing sites has accelerated since 2012. The climbing rooms comparison of the Torpille Team provides all the necessary information.