🌧️ Rain and Bad Weather | More than 200 Attractions in Western Switzerland in 2020
🌧️ Rain and Bad Weather | More than 200 Attractions in French-speaking Switzerland
What to do in bad weather?
What to do when it rains?
Don’t worry about it! The Torpille team offers you nearly 200 activities in the cantons of Geneva, Vaud, Fribourg, Neuchâtel and Valais to enjoy an excellent day when the sun is not shining. The following indoor activity categories will be ideal when it rains or in bad weather:
- 85 museums
- 41 Indoor swimming pools
- 21 bowling
- 20 climbing rooms
- 15 indoor leisure parks
- 10 thermal baths
- 9 tropiquariums and aquariums
- 5 trampoline parks
- 4 indoor minigolf
- 4 karting
- 5 military forts
- 4 caves
- 2 mines
All activities are subject to a fee, with the notable exception of a few museums presented in the following section.
Museums are the fastest places to think of in case of bad weather. The Torpille team offers no less than 85 in all French-speaking Switzerland in very diversified categories.
- Historical museums
- Technical museums
- Theme museums
- Ethnographic museums
- Museums on Fine Arts
- Museums on natural sciences
- Regional museums
- Science fiction museums
Some museums are permanently free of charge in French-speaking Switzerland, these are the museums listed below. Please note that some other museums are free one day a month.
- Shoe Museum – Lausanne
- Natural History Museum of Fribourg
- History of Science Museum Geneva
- Geneva’s Museum of Art and History
- Natural History Museum of Geneva
- World Cycling Centre – Aigle
- Bolo Museum – EPFL
- Cantonal Museum of Geology – Lausanne
- Cantonal Museum of Archeology and History – Lausanne
- House of Basketball – Mies
- Electrobroc Hydroelectric Station – Broc
- Avenches Roman Museum
- Wood Museum – Aubonne
ℹ️ See the geographical location of all museums in French-speaking Switzerland.
🏊 Indoor Pools
- Fribourg: Piscine du Levant
- Châtel-Saint-Denis: Piscine communale
- Carouge: Piscine des Pervenches
- Les Acacias: Piscine des Vernets
- Meyrin: Piscine de Livron
- Onex: Piscine municipale
- Thônex: Piscine communale
- Vernier: Piscine du Lignon
- Boncourt: Piscine des Hémionées
- Delémont: Piscine de la Blancherie
- Porrentruy: Piscine des Tilleuls
- Saignelégier: Piscine de l’hôtel Crystal
- Couvet: Piscine des Combes
- Cernier: Piscine de la Fontenelle
- Geneveys-sur-Coffrane: Piscine communale
- Chaux-de-Fonds: Piscine des Arêtes
- Neuchâtel: Nid-du-Crô
- Champéry: Piscine intérieur du Palladium
- Finhaut: Piscine communale
- Grône: Piscine municipale
- Martigny: Bassin du Manoir
- Sierre: Piscine Guillamo
- Sion: Piscine de l’Ancien Stand
- St-Maurice: Piscine du centre sportif
- Verbier: Piscine de Mondzeu
- Vevey-Corseaux (also outdoor pool))
- Chaëdoz (Haute-Nendaz)
- Lausanne: Piscine de Mon-Repos
- Le Sentier
- Les Diablerets
- Mont-sur-Lausanne: Piscine de Mottier
- Montreux Clarens: Piscine de Maladaire
- Nyon: Piscine du Cossy
- Villars: Piscine du centre sportif
ℹ️ Check all the details about the indoor swimming pools in Western Switzerland.
- The Bowling Hôtel – Signy/Nyon VD
- Bowlingland – Gland VD
- Bowling Miami – Echandens VD
- Bowland Lausanne/Vidy VD
- Bowling Lausanne/Flon VD
- Bowling d’Yverdon VD
- Funplanet Rennaz/Villeneuve VD
- Bowling Sports Bar Villars-sur-Ollon VD
- Bowling du Parc Châteaux d’Oex VD
- Bowling La Praille GE
- Bowling Balexert GE
- Bowling de Sévaz FR
- Funplanet Bulle FR
- Fribowling FR
- Bowland Martigny VS
- Bowling Crans-Montana VS
- Bowling des Rottes Conthey VS
- XL Bowling la Chaux-de-Fonds NE
- Bowling le Beaulieu Neuchâtel NE
- La Croisée des Loisirs Delémont JU
- Bowling Bienne BE
ℹ️ Chec all the details about the bowlings of Western Switzerland.
🧗 Climbing rooms
Many very well equipped climbing rooms have been created over the past 5 years in French-speaking Switzerland and in particular in the Lake Geneva region. It is a good idea of rainy activities for the whole family and it is not necessary to own equipment, everything can be rented on site.
The 20 climbing rooms:
- Totem Climbing Vevey
- Totem Climbing Gland
- Totem Climbing Ecublens
- Totem Climbing Versoix
- Le Cube Mont-sur-Lausanne
- Gecko Climbing Sottens
- Climbing Wall of Chavornay
- RocSpot Echandens
- BlocZone Givisiez
- Villeneuve climbing room
- Fribourg climbing room (Under construction)
- Satigny climbing room (Under construction)
- Laniac Climbing Bulle
- Entrepôt climbing and trampolines
- C+ Urban Climbing Milvignes
- Dbloc Bulle
- Vertic-Halle Saxon
- Vertic-Halle Monthey
- Moubra climbing room
- Le locle climbing room (Under construction)
ℹ️ All the information is available on the page dedicated to climbing rooms in French-speaking Switzerland.
🎢 Indoor leisure parks
For children, many indoor leisure parks are available.
The 5 parks for children and adults:
- Fun Planet Rennaz
- Fun Planet Bulle
- Jumpark Trampolines Yverdon
- L’Entrepôt Trampolines Bulle
- Alaia Chalet Trampolines Lens
The 9 bouncy castle parks and climbing structures for children up to 8 years old: (The maximum age can often be higher but the Torpille team recommends a maximum age of 8 years).
- Jayland Gland Leisure Centre
- Jayland Villars-Sainte-Croix Leisure Centre
- Planeta Magic Saint-Blaise
- Bownland Martigny
- Monstrofun Martigny
- Espace Junior Aigle
- Payerneland Payerne (propose aussi un karting pour les adultes)
- Fun4Kids Vétroz
- Kids Fun Parc Etoy
- Vertic-Halle Monthey
ℹ️ Check all the information about the leisure parcs in Western Switzerland.
🐊 Tropiquariums and aquariums
There are many tropical areas in French-speaking Switzerland, where exotic animals such as turtles, crocodiles, monitors, insects and snakes can be found. These are heated and indoor areas.
The 5 vivariums and exotic spaces:
- Tropiquarium of Servion
- Vivarium of Aquatis
- Vivarium of Meyrin
- Vivarium du zoo du Bois du Petit-Château
There are four aquariums in French-speaking Switzerland, but the only real one is Aquatis. The other three offer some pools but within the framework of an animal park or a museum.
ℹ️ See all the information on the animal parks of French-speaking Switzerland.
💧 Thermal Baths
Thermal baths are a good idea in case of bad weather. There are 6 thermal baths in French-speaking Switzerland. The Torpille team added the thermal baths of Leukerbad because of their proximity to French-speaking Switzerland and Aquaparc with their heated water.
- Gruyère Thermal Baths (Charmey)
- Lavey Thermal Baths
- Yverdon Thermal Baths
- Thermes Parc (Val d’Illiez)
- Saillon Thermal Baths
- Ovronnaz Thermal Baths
- Anzere Thermal Baths
- Bain Bleu GE
- Cressy Baths GE
ℹ️ All useful information can be found on the thermal baths in French-speaking Switzerland page.
⚔️ Militaires Forts
Five forts are available for visits without reservation in French-speaking Switzerland. These are guided tours with the exception of the fort of Evionnaz.
It is an original idea for an excursion where you should not forget a good pullover. The forts are classified starting from the most interesting.
ℹ️ Read all the useful information on military forts in French-speaking Switzerland.
🤸 Trampoline parks
- Jumpark Yverdon VD
- Jumpland Aigle VD
- L’Entrepôt Bulle FR
- Alaïa Chalet Lens VS
- Jumping Jack Courroux JU
ℹ️ Check all the details on the trampoline parks in Western Switzerland.
- Karting of Payerne VD
- Karting of Vuiteboeuf VD
- Karting of Funplanet Villeneuve VD
- Karting de Bassecourt JU
ℹ️ Check all the details on the karting tracks in Western Switzerland.
Quatre minigolfs en intérieur.
- Minigolf of Funplanet Villeneuve
- Minigolf de Funplanet Bulle
- Minigolf de Payerneland
- Rollersgolf de Genève
ℹ️ Check all the details on the minigolf of Western Switzerland.
Four caves allow you to discover the geological subsoil of the French-speaking part of Switzerland dug by the action of water. As with mines and military forts, the temperature in caves is around 8 to 10 degrees Celsius.
- Underground Lake of Saint-Léonard
- Underground Mills of Col-des-Roches
- Caves of Vallorbe
- Fairy’s Cave of Saint-Maurice
ℹ️ More information on the cavities of French-speaking Switzerland.
Two mines in French-speaking Switzerland are open to visitors and are really worth a visit. As these are guided tours, it is useful to consult the schedules on the site of the mines concerned.
- Bex Salt Mines
- Travers Asphalt Mines
The Earth Sciences Museum in Martigny offers a very interesting reconstruction of a mine in its basement.
ℹ️ More information on the mines in French-speaking Switzerland.